Xbox and PlayStation have been competitors since 2002. The evolution of the systems has come to modern-day online services so you can play against your friends. You not only pay a monthly fee to play online but you also receive a couple of monthly games for free. The question is: which one is better?
This month on PlayStation:
- Darksiders 2: Deathinitive Edition
- Kung Fu Panda Showdown of Legendary Legends
- Xblaze Lost: Memories
- Syberia Collection
This month on Xbox:
- Warhammer: End Times – Verminitide (December 1 – December 31)
- Tales From the Borderlands (through December 15)
- Back to the Future: The Game – 30th Anniversary Edition (December 16 – January 15)
- Child of Eden (December 1 – December 15)
- Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death (December 16 – December 31)
Both consoles offer great game but PlayStation only offers two. Another downfall is that once your PlayStation Plus subscription expires, you are no longer able to play the games you got free. Xbox allows you to keep and those games for as long as you want, even when your subscription expires. Xbox also has backward compatibility where you can play Xbox 360 games on your Xbox One.
When I first got my Xbox One, I was able to download Xbox 360 games I got for free with Gold years ago. As an owner of both consoles, Xbox Live Gold is overall the better buy. If you buy a console this holiday season, you might want to keep these things in mind.